I am constantly personifying things and I see creatures everywhere. Like this piece of cauliflower. I thought it was cauliflower until I noticed it was actually a sad little bear. I took the time to draw his face on so you wouldn't miss it. Some people do. I was at my studio, shooting cauliflower, because I'm going to finish all 100 photos dammit(!), when I noticed the bear. I've been told that I have an overactive imagination. I'm not sure that's accurate because I have aphantasia, which means I have no mind's eye. It's a spectrum, like everything else, but by and large I cannot conjure mental imagery. I cannot imagine things visually. I cannot picture the face of a loved one. I cannot "see" my memories. I do sometimes get imagery when I dream but it is pretty rare. And here's one that really blows people's minds, I don't experience visuals when I take psychedelics.

Anything I imagine, has to happen in front of me. Hence, cauliflower bear and a myriad of other such creatures. This is where my imagination kicks in, because they really do become these entities to me. They have stories and feelings. They've experienced hardship and triumphs. Which is also why this little bear is making my studio smell like a fucking fart. This bear lived a life, right in front of my eyes! I can't throw him away, dude, we're tight. Granted, I don't know his name, but I'm pretty sure it starts with a "G". He just feels like someone who's name would start with a "G", don't you think? G-whatever could be out there right now, clinging to this tiny fucking iceberg I made him out of celophane. Another victim of global warming floating on sad, plastic flotsam. Oh it just breaks my heart. I really hate this for G. He had so much potential, so much heart! It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 down, 97 to go