3 down, 97 to go

It was an interesting day at the studio today. My phone battery was low, so I didn't play music. It was quiet. And cold. There's no heat at my studio and it was only in the mid 50's today. That gave me some time to reflect, while I slowly set up my lights, backdrops, and hunks of cauliflower, all bundled up in my layers and fingerless gloves. 

I've worked in photography most of my life, and yet I still sometimes struggle with believing I know what I'm doing or that I'm any good at it. I saw a tweet the other day that read, 'yall will have imposter syndrome over shit you're actually good at but confidently put 'proficient in excel' on your resume." It was quite possibly the truest statement a stranger has ever written about me. Humanity if full of fucked up contradictions and I like this new and humorous way we have taken to addressing them. 

I just finished editing the images from today's shoot, here's what came from today. I feel compelled to tell you it will take me a while to hit publish on this post, I'll need to spend some time fretting over why anyone would even want to see this, what I could have done better, and whether or not I should leave these last sentences in here. My mind tells me I should cut them out to display more confidence in my work and act in a manner congruent with being a professional. It also says I should abandon this entire project until I have a solid creative vision for it, but I'm not going to do that. I'm going to hit publish because we have a rule in our house, "Should can fuck off."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog